Haras de la Vendée : presentation and pratical information
Come and meet the horse, in all its majesty and diversity. Dedicated to the equestrian arts, the Vendée Stud reveals the secrets of the horse’s life thanks to fun activities and new shows. Enter into the intimacy of the bond that unites man and horse.
A passion for the horse.
Since its construction in 1846, the Haras de la Vendée has been welcoming visitors to this 4.5 hectare park in the heart of La Roche sur Yon. Established by Napoleon the 1st, this former National Stud preserves and promotes French equestrian culture. Visiting the stables, entertainments and various shows will give you an understanding of the closeness of the bonds that unite the horse and man.
- Quality educational workshops and equestrian demonstrations
- A unique collection of horse-drawn vehicles dating from the 19th century
- Entertainment and shows combining history, humour and outstanding feats
- Guided tour in French or English
- Toilets on site
- Free parking near the site
- Shop with a large choice of books, souvenirs, games and Vendéen crafts
- Site accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Prior reservation required
On the site :
- Picnic areas near the Stud Farm and the possibility of picnicking on the site
- In summer, a fast food point is available from 10 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
In La Roche-sur-Yon :
- La Roche sur Yon Tourist Office: 02 51 36 00 85
From 09/04 to 08/05
Every day except Friday
From Monday to Thursday
10h - 12h30 /
14h - 18h
Saturday and Sunday
14h - 19h
From 01/07 to 31/08
10h - 19h
- Adult (+26 years old) : 7 €
- Yougnsters (18-25 years old) : 5 €
- Free entrance for children under 18 years old
Payment : Cash, CB
The Haras de la Vendée is located :
- 35 min from les Sables d'Olonne
- 55 min from Saint-Jean de Monts
- 1 hour from Nantes
Coming by car :
- GPS coordinates : 46°39'50.2"N 1°25'36.9"W
- Arriving in La Roche-sur-Yon, follow the directions for "centre ville", then the directions for "Haras National". The public entrance is on Boulevard des Etats-Unis.